- 1950 – Sorma was founded in Venice by Alberico Sorgato and Zoe Marano. The nearby Murano glass district becomes the application field for the most innovative abrasive technologies.
- 1960 – Begins the exclusive distribution of diamond tools, which come from UK.
- 1979 – Introduction on the Italian market of the diamond cloth.
- 1980 – Distribution for the Italian market of Yamawa-Japan, world-leader in the production of threading tools.
- 1992 – Acquisition of a significant share of a company producing diamond and CBN wheels.
- 1993 – Joint venture for the creation of a new company for the production of flexible diamond tools.
- 1998 – Launch of the Yamawa’s European Stock Center.
- 2000 – Certification of the quality system of the company according to the UNI EN ISO9002 requirements.
- 2001 – LAUNCH OF THE OSAWA BRAND.
- 2003 – Certification of the quality system of the company according to the new UNI EN ISO9001:2000 requirements.
- 2006 – Launch of the brand Nikko Tools.
- 2007 – Inauguration of the new Sorma headquarters.